Do you want to make the most of the mountains this summer???
But you haven’t been that much into mountain biking before???
Does the Thredbo Valley Track sound like a scary nightmare to you???
Do you want to ride the trails with your kids but feel too nervous to take them?
Jindy Girl Riders will introduce the fundamentals of mountain bike riding, checking your own equipment and learning about body position, effective braking, gear selection. You’ll ride some basic single tracks and have fun in the Centre’s skills park.
The Bungarra Centre is located on the Barry Way in Jindabyne just 2kms past the Sport and Recreation Centre. Please get in touch for further directions if you’re not sure where to go. Be sure to arrive 15 minutes before and meet up by the big green shed on the right hand side, past reception.
Mountain Bike hire is available through Gravity Sports or Sacred Ride in Jindabyne or from Lake Crackenback Resort and Spa on the Alpine Way.
Limited spaces are limited and clinics will run if minimum numbers are reached. Please get in touch with us if you would like us to run a private mountain biking clinic with up to 3 people. We also offer clinics up to advanced level so as to help you progress with your riding skills. Get in touch we would love to see you come back for more.
Here’s what to bring with you on the day…
- A mountain bike in good running order – contact Gravity Sports, Sacred Ride for bike rentals or bike tuning
- An Australian approved bike helmet
- Gloves – preferably full finger
- Socks that cover ankle bones
- Water and a snack – if you don’t have a water bottle cage on your bike, a hydration pack or backpack is a good alternative
- Comfortable clothing suitable for riding and the prevailing weather conditions; bike shorts with a chamois are recommended
- a rain coat if it is a wet day; please do not wear tank tops or sleeveless jerseys
- sunglasses are recommended for eye protection
- Suitable footwear (bike shoes or runners)
So come along and arm yourself with some great new skills, loads of confidence and a burning passion to take on the mountains. The next Scaredy Cats A Clinic will be held on November 18th 2017 from 9:30-11:00am. There are so many great mountain biking tracks around Jindabyne and the Snowy Mountains to explore. Have a read here
to discover the possibilities around you. Take some on and see for yourself what all the hype is about … it really is everything we rave about and more!